tag : bright yellow-green apples: It's all in questionable taste

"I see little point in persisting in a discussion with one so obstinate as you" Martin White

Sunday, September 10, 2006

It's all in questionable taste



Last week was a final family holiday, before I move out again for the big city life of Sheffield. I did feel kinda awkward and out of place with them, and ended up wandering around the cliffs and bays. There was some very attractive seaweed that I ended up painting portraits of, and turned them into mementos of my trip - trying to catch some of the odd feel of Lizard Peninsular. Click on the images, entitled SPIRIT OF CORNWALL:



While I was away, the Mercury Music Prize was announced. Now the Arctic Monkeys are great, but there's no way they made a right decision this year. Sway, Thom Yorke, and Hot Chip were all more deserving. Anyway, it's time to announce my own PL Alternative Prize. And this year, it's.......

......Silent Shout, by The Knife, for being so completely insane and having a constant range of sharp beats to hand.

2 Comments:

Blogger hatchris said...

I think if I had to give an 'alternative' prize it would be to Bell X1, because their album 'Flock' has been criminally overlooked. Nothing groundbreaking (I seldom enjoy groundbreaking music, give me cliched but brilliant any day),just really good rock music, with much more of an edge than say, Snow Patrols most recent offerings. And some of my favourite lyrics of the year so far ("If there was a God, then why is my arse the perfect height for kicking";"If I had a hatch, I'd batten it down";"and lots of very offbeat stuff).
They're the second biggest band in Ireland, and the second one named after a US military aircraft....

11:49 PM  
Blogger postliberal said...

Looking at thier website, they dislay just the kind of We Are Scientists kinda humour I find very appealing. Definately going to be a band to check out, when and if I remember.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home