tag : bright yellow-green apples: snakes on a plane!

"I see little point in persisting in a discussion with one so obstinate as you" Martin White

Sunday, August 20, 2006

snakes on a plane!



I'm pleased to report it really did live up the hype. There was so much snake action, so many colourful ways to die, and so many dregs of the cliched B-move lines. "I need you to be strong". Funnier than any comedy film around, you definately need to enjoy this flick. My three favourite moments were:

*Anonymous guy going to the toilet, and having a snake jump out of it to bite him on the crotch, as we flails round with an extra long appendage.
*Camp steward grabbing a snake, showing it in a microwave, and exploding it in a little ping of bright red.
*Samuel L. Jackson's FBI cop finally losing his patience and yelling "That's enough! I have had it with these mother fucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!" to cheers from most of the audience.

A triumph! Well done to all concerned.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Graeme (not on a plane) said...

So, what's it about, then?

(Kind of hard to tell from the title.)

11:40 AM  
Blogger hatchris said...

I see they're making a sequel.... (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/trailer/)

12:24 PM  
Blogger postliberal said...

Yeah gads, not those badgers again ;P

It's an archetype for life itself, Graeme; taking in romance, tragedy, redemption, heroism, and hope. The whole thing could be summed up by this sterling moment.

11:44 PM  
Blogger hatchris said...

I can't wait to see it.
I think that, as you say, sterling moment just about does sum up how many of us feel about life in this modern age :-p

Incidentally I was considering making a spin off film,I think set in 1920s England, with kind of Oscar Wilde style dialogue....I call it 'Rakes on a Train'....what do you reckon? Could be on to a winner....

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home