tag : bright yellow-green apples: oooooh the tension

"I see little point in persisting in a discussion with one so obstinate as you" Martin White

Friday, July 28, 2006

oooooh the tension

As promised, here's the shortlist for the 2006 PL Alternative Prize - or whatever it is! (Remember y'all, this is simply about what I've heard, in it's entirity, since last August - so ¬°Forward Russia! don't quite make it yet). I really can't see how chosing is going to be easy, what with the past year being one of the best I can remember. Top quality stuff.

AFX - Hangable Auto Bulb
Thom Yorke - The Eraser
The Knife - Silent Shout
Scott Walker - Drift
Cat Power - The Greatest
Arcade Fire - Funeral
The Ink Spots - Best of the Ink Spots
Kate Bush - Aerial
Soulwax - Nite Versions

3 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

(Will try to use the right html tags this time...)

I have a feeling I know who you are going to pick.

I've only heard The Arcade Fire, though I'm not really sure how it can the best album of 2004, 2005 and 2006...

10:53 AM  
Blogger postliberal said...

Only that one? I'm suprised! For what it's worth, my copy of that has August scrawled on in brio - so that's the measure of how it got in in 2006, too.

You might well be suprised by the current favourite, actually. Though not if Radiohead had got thiers out this year ;)

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home