tag : bright yellow-green apples: the beautiful and the strange

"I see little point in persisting in a discussion with one so obstinate as you" Martin White

Monday, May 15, 2006

the beautiful and the strange



Good evening, Clarice

Onto more highbrow music, now, as I feel moved to point you in the direction of this year's Rieth Lectures. Daniel Barenboim, who I'd never heard of until now, has been an absolutely brilliant choice to deliver them. Over the course of five weeks he's discussed issues of music - from the poetics of how it affects us to the abuse it may undergo in the wrong hands - with wit, sharpness, poetry, and perception. The only downside, as Marcel Berlins points out, is that he's a terrible snob who can't conceive of any good music beyond his own love of high classical. Still, just carry it over to whichever kind you're into. But still; go and listen! This is absolutely compelling radio.

After tea, tonight, I happened to glance down at the floor at what I'd assumed was a crumb of food. When I bent down to clear it up, I found it was a mouse's face that'd been carefully removed behind the eyes. It was truly one of the strangest things I've ever seen! Welcome to the world of Hannibal Lecter...

3 Comments:

Blogger hatchris said...

eek, urgh and yugh! The mouses face that is, not the music. How positively terrifying.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

thats pretty grim, to be honest!

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Jo said...

Not related to your post unfortunately, but please can you phone the SCM office as soon as possible and respond to the emails Chris and I have sent you.

Thanks

Jo

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home