tag : bright yellow-green apples: the jukebox has to take a leak

"I see little point in persisting in a discussion with one so obstinate as you" Martin White

Saturday, January 28, 2006

the jukebox has to take a leak



I really can't stop fiddling, so here's another clickable version of a picture I did for one of Martin's tracks.

With so much of consequence going on, I can only quote a song today. I heard it on Desert Island Disks - hardly a regular for finding anything close to popular music - and it seems like one of the most fluidly beautiful of Tom Waits'. Amazing immagery in The piano has been drinking, once again proving a reviewer right when commenting that "he's consistently resisted the temptation to turn crap":

"and the box-office is drooling
and the bar stools are on fire
and the newspapers were fooling
and the ash-trays have retired"

7 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

The picture looks good either way for me, and it's small now so it doesn't balls up the page! Well done you.

Nice use of the possessive apostrophe too. You're learning. I'll be seeing it used correctly in a text message next.

9:59 PM  
Blogger postliberal said...

You see, it is possible for a totally internet-illiterate person to do some basic internet stuff after 3 year's build-up! ;)

I tell you - there's summit that annoys me a lot, when people misuse apostrophes in words or names already ending in an s. hehe, not that I have any qualms when it comes to saving space on a text messaage...

12:11 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

i have always liked your drawings and artistic dabblings, but the year devoted to creating more art etc has really benefitted you: these are absolutely brilliant

12:33 PM  
Blogger postliberal said...

Without wanting to get all pseud’s corner (which is the constant danger when talking about your own art!), the slightly drifting times I’ve experienced in the past few months have done wonders for my pictures. I think it’s because life’s a bit vague and nondescript, that I’m even more determined to discover something worth seeing in my imagination. It's a form of compensation for home town ambivalence, to come up with excitement in my own head. What a sad life! ;)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

Shame about the 'wet' song that goes with it, eh, Sarah?

It is good, though. Not really sure how it relates the music, but it warms the cockles.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

See, Laurence, you have that pedant inside you too! (Not Graeme. That's just defamatory)

7:14 PM  
Blogger postliberal said...

Them cockles always need some attention, so I tried to make it as 'nice' as I could manage - which is tricksy. I enjoyed the jangly guitar striking out amidst the sounds, and there were some lyrics I most had in mind when doing the drawing:

"I will let go of you
When you give me answers
Instead of swimming through cocktail
Seduced by your breath

If you would only stop freezing
Sterile and angry and bliss-less and vague
I could see a day...

...But never cracking your shell ..."

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home