tag : bright yellow-green apples: take notes

"I see little point in persisting in a discussion with one so obstinate as you" Martin White

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

take notes



It's time to get the admin box out for just a few minutes.

I've had an ongoing project of updating the SCM weblinks page for a while now, trying to pick out a few notable sites from the fields of material. There needs to be some selection, just to start people off in their searching! If you know of any notable ones that I haven't included yet, please do let me know. There's no real selection criteria - I'm just looking for sites that liberal-ish questioning Christians would enjoy, or indeed anyone in the Church might be excited by. I've also added a couple more links to this site, down on the right of this site - with a promise to my friend Yvonne that I'd point her out to you. She's just started writing, so be gentle m'dears.

And I've made the first forays into trying out HTML coding all by myself, with a view to actually getting on with this promise to make a new website. Something of my very own, with pretty stripes and useful levers. It’s surprisingly simple, or at least in the basic elements. So at this rate I might be raking in the odd bit of collaboration from you all in due course, just like I have with my joint colouring book dream.

6 Comments:

Blogger Barnabas said...

Great website Laurence, loads of great links!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Barnabas said...

HTML is not too bad, I perfer CGI scripting, sorry I'm going into tec mode!

7:32 PM  
Blogger ash said...

surely CGI and HTML work together most of the time? you need the gateway interface to actually incorporate data, but the HTML provides the inlet, so to speak?

I picked up HTML by trial, error, and glancing at a few articles along the way... It's not rocket science.

The fun came when CSS went mainstream and all those other bits went retro... made life easier in the end tho, as they promised...

5:18 PM  
Blogger ash said...

oh, also, Leaving Fundimentalism might be helpful if you nick people from UCCF *wink*

5:19 PM  
Blogger postliberal said...

Anderson -

Thanks, make sure you point it out to any people who might be sympathetic or of a studenty age. This is the time to plug ;)

As for tech talk, just let me catch on with the basics before you get all fancy with these different options!

2:59 PM  
Blogger postliberal said...

Ash -

I'm kinda doing the same as you. So far I've managed to make pages with different background colours and font colours, links, fonts, and paragraph forms. Just need to find how to get rid of all the guff that keeps appearing around it on view, like dust with static, and I'll be away!

Ta for the reccomended site. I think they're incredibly naughty for conflating fundamentalism with conservatitism. But they mean different things to different people, and it seems a fine project anyway, so I'll stick it on.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home