tag : bright yellow-green apples: the last gasp

"I see little point in persisting in a discussion with one so obstinate as you" Martin White

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

the last gasp

Example

figure 12.9. "look up, there go the labour principles"

I've held back a certain amount for so long now, but no more. Listening to bits of Tony Blair's speech earlier today, I couldn't help but sigh inside when hearing him trancing on about how he wants to mash up - I mean reform - the public services for many years to come. A little bit of me died. That bit which was willing to give him some slack, thinking that he actually meant well. But no, he really is some slightly crazed political fanatic - willing to stamp around and gut some of the most socially beneficial aspects of our society just to prove an ideological point. How long do we have to put up with this tosh for?

And while I'm on a righteous bent, might I recommend a new poem by Ash. It's very fine - not just a list of invective, but leavened by thoughtful reflection. It's a welcome release.

4 Comments:

Anonymous James Stewart said...

I take it you don't mean a Kleptones or Danger Mouse style mash up? Cause, y'know, that could be kinda cool.

"The NHS, now with hip-hop rhythm"?

3:46 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

Don't get me started on his views on law and order! That terrible presumption of innocence, it's a real barrier to a "proper" criminal justice system. That's why I went for the stupid take on the speech...

8:21 PM  
Blogger postliberal said...

James -

hehe, you can take it how you like. Actually I wouldn't mind hearing a bit of Alan Milburn vs. Armand Van Helden. Even if I had used the word trancing to describe how Tony's stalking around in a world of his own to a repetitive rhythm!

12:26 AM  
Blogger postliberal said...

Martin -

And a rather fine take it was too - perhaps most sane contribution to all the debate surrounding the gathering! So much rubbish. But having said that, I was greatly cheered to hear about the proposed banning of bad food. Much better!

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home