tag : bright yellow-green apples: making tracks

"I see little point in persisting in a discussion with one so obstinate as you" Martin White

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

making tracks



figure 23.1. Ray says listen

This years Mercury Music Prize shortlist is out, and there's a fair spread as always. Normally I can pick one by instinct as my favourite, but this year's proving tricksy with no outright blazer. Perhaps M.I.A, Antony & The Johnsons, or Maximo Park, who've all impressed me with thier sheer wit. Certainly not Coldplay or The Kieser Chiefs, who're way too obvious!

Oh yeas, give it a couple of weeks, and I'll reveal my own thoughts for this year's highly anticipated PL Alternative Prize. I say that cos the list's going to be THIS LONG.

While we're on the musical front, anyone who hasn't yet popped over and heard the recent offerings from Martin should do so now. Free songs; what more could you ask for? They're actually very good too, which helps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home