tag : bright yellow-green apples: exposed

"I see little point in persisting in a discussion with one so obstinate as you" Martin White

Thursday, April 14, 2005

exposed



figure 23.9. a resting halo

I've said many times before (par example) of people I hold in high esteem, who I could lay out tributes to. I often dwell on thier example, as an inspiration and spur to creating a better life - kinda like the saints, if more gritty and human at times. But today, here's a tribute to the muse - whoever that might be at any time. A title might be helpful at some point, send me a S.A.E. with your suggestion for the chance to win an inscribed purple lollipop.


Turn the "joy is quite enough"
principle around, please,
for all our sakes
.

Once we looked to the heroes
but now they're divided.
So to stop the impending rot,
and loss of thier fine glory,
we're in favour of them

coming into the picture;
how much do you know now?
You see this time, instead
a winter's tale gets personal.

But. What I'd do is
fashion full disclosure,
where there'd be no limits
for its soul-cleansing

Q & A What will happen next?

As if for the first time,
we're waiting for a while
to move against the flow.

When you're so often
exposed as a fraud,
the vanishing story remains -
the road less travelled.
Well it's either that
or it's an own trail to hell.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Once we looked to the heroes
but now they're divided.
So to stop the impending rot,
and loss of thier fine glory,
we're in favour of them


think this is my favourite bit. it reminds me of your self professed bloody-mindedness

11:38 PM  
Blogger postliberal said...

ha, I hadn't noticed the connection there - thanks...

1:24 AM  
Blogger mary said...

i like this bit best:

Turn the "joy is quite enough"
principle around, please,
for all our sakes.

it strikes me esp. entirely wonderful in gen :-D

3:09 PM  
Blogger postliberal said...

That's a very expansive statement - one I'm not often used to...but the attempted angle I was after was maybe well focused in that fragment, so I'll take it graciously.

Thanks everyone - including Martin for his "Your poem's crap...Only kidding!" punchline ;)

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home