tag : bright yellow-green apples: the corner beckons

"I see little point in persisting in a discussion with one so obstinate as you" Martin White

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

the corner beckons

A bright hazy day, soon into the new year,
I was walking with ambivalence along new street
through umber-grey gritstone houses
& compact dry front gardens.
I turned a corner to look down over the valley,
when a small figure came to me
out of the unknowing’s taut span,
holding a falling bunch of lychitis,
draped in a delicate shroud of layers
that seemed to shimmer with infinite visions.
Every time it moved I saw something new,
the whole span of possibility was brought,
& I was amazed at what might be...

Welcome to the new year everyone, how ever you saw it in. My thanks to Martin, Phill, and Steph for making my celebratory changeover up in York the best that I can remember. It was a fantastic start that’s got me on an optimistic slant as we look forward to what the future may bring. No resolutions with me, just an aspiration to put this into action with imagination.

Oh yes, and on a slightly OK! kind of angle, my mum saw David Blunket in a pub near here today while taking our dog for a walk. It seems that our Peak District is a haven for the recently ex-minister.

1 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Aw thank you, it was a wonderful way to bring in the new year.

I have you dragonfly on my notice board! A calm haven on a sea of essay-related paper.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home