tag : bright yellow-green apples: the sound of grey

"I see little point in persisting in a discussion with one so obstinate as you" Martin White

Monday, August 09, 2004

the sound of grey

Right, as promised I'm going to give you my provisional shortlist for my alt. music awards, the final choice to be announced. I was going to give a few comments on what have probably been the best albums of the last year or so for me, that I can remember and have heard all the way through. (There's loads I've heard bits of). But might just give you them straight and unsycophantic for now. There might be changes as yet, I'm fickle.

Boy in da corner - Dizzie Rascal
CD2 - Aviata
Com lag - Radiohead
The grey album - Dangermouse
Stop making sense (live) - Talking Heads
Speakerboxx/The love below - Outkast
Rejoicing in the hands (of the golden empress) - Devendra Banhart

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, you're setting up an alternative music prize to an alternative music prize? :p

As ever, you go for the B-sides...

I can't see how you can have an alternative Mercury Music Prize featuring last year's winner, and I'm confident that the Talking Heads record wasn't released in the past year either...

*continues devilish plan to eliminate the competition*

7:56 PM  
Blogger postliberal said...

Ah you can be as sonfident as you like, being the music guru and eerything.

But if you consider the rules I’ve made for myself, you'll se that unlike David Byrne it all makes sense. The only thing is that I must have heard the whole album at least once for the first time in the last year. So there, stop trying to take down your company. And yes, the alternative quickly becomes the mainstream so needs a new challenger from the left field. i.e. that being me ;P

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One must give credit where such is due, your unconscious religiosity is displayed in your misspelling of "confident". The son also rises from the depths I suppose.

5:30 PM  
Blogger postliberal said...

Freudian slips aside, all that is displayed by my misspelling is that I have a loose grasp of English! Thanks for noticing, it ensures that all other readers consider it in future ;)

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home