tag : bright yellow-green apples: New conclusons

"I see little point in persisting in a discussion with one so obstinate as you" Martin White

Monday, August 30, 2004

New conclusons

I leave for the rest of the week in Cornwall, inspired as ever by what I've experienced here. You've mostly heard bits of the talks (which I've been giving very brief snapshots of, there was so much to absorb). But most of all it was the community and vitality which is a godsend and a charge for my life back in the real world.

There was tape which marked where we could and couldn't walk, directing our movements as we went on our way. As the weekend progressed, and we experienced and indwelt more and more of the ethos, the unabashed creative tought, the vital encounter, that tape began to fray too. Eventually it came apart in places and we were able to move through more freely, used our initiative more, interacted with our surroundings inspired of our own accord. Maybe that reflects on the loosening of all our faith chords over time.

A thought as I leave to consider, in this game of amateur theology, maybe there is more potential for divinely infused innovaton than we sometimes think. This is PL signing off till next week.

tape

fig. 5.6. loosen those chords?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had such an inspiring time, my friend. Sorry I couldn't be there to share it with you. I'll be back shortly. Your accounts remind me that maybe one day I should start going to sessions at Greenbelt again, rather than simply hanging out/rushing around madly.

And I'll pretend, when next in conversation with the people who oversaw the putting-up of that tape, that I didn't read this ;)

James.

1:05 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

Not sure the unravelling tape did much for campsite security, but it's an interesting metaphor.

I would personally say our shoes got more and more muddy as we trampled on the true, evangelical Word of the Lord.

Chords = guitar chords
Cords = chains, bind us together lord etc.

11:39 AM  
Blogger postliberal said...

It's a cheesy metaphor, with lots of lovely holes in it - not least my highly fallible grammer. Here's to next year, where I might be able to get Ruth Ann, Andy, Ken, Sarah, Ash et al. along too...

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home