tag : bright yellow-green apples: change is as good

"I see little point in persisting in a discussion with one so obstinate as you" Martin White

Friday, July 09, 2004

change is as good

Still missing Reading, despite being able to let go and come back here to Matlock. It’s funny how we all seem to have the conservative spirit that makes us resistant to any change - whether it's a tree being cut down or a new typeface of a newspaper. Moving on is therefore still hard, and not just for me.

But then I was reading the book of Ruth late last night, in a very uncharacteristic biblical fashion, and found a good story of how moving on to new things can easy give as many opportunities as remaining. There's a great bit of poetry lodged near the start that gives an inspirational mandate. You don't get much more trusting than this:

"Where you go I will go,
and where you stay I will stay.
Your people will be my people
and your God my God."

Also on the plus side is the creative urge. My attempts at getting abosrbed in poetry are coming on nicely. A semi-pastiche attempt at sentimental whimsy went well, as did my B. S. Johnson inspired experimentalism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home